Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Library Hold System

I've been grateful for the library in the past, so I can't do that again....  Well, I could.  Because I seriously love libraries.  A ton.  For a lot of reasons. 

But tonight, was sitting here online putting books and movies on hold.  And it occurred to me how awesome the library hold system is. 

True, the "hold" policies change from library system to library system.  Here we are able to put movies on hold as well as books, etc.  But regardless of what the rules are, it's just awesome.  I'm able to put books on hold I will be reading for the book club.  I'm able to make requests for a variety of movies -- both older and newer -- for myself and my little bug.  And I get them!  For free.  Sure, I may not be as up-to-date on the movies...  But I'll still get to see them.  And free beats 13.00 any day of the week for me!

Anyway, I think it's just plain awesome that we can make requests for library items which ensure our ability to utilize said items at some point.  So super convenient!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: