Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Healthy, Happy Little Girl

This is pretty random.  And I sometimes think I'm a crazy person.  But for some reason, I was lying in bed late last night and the soul-crushing thought came to my mind:  what if our little girl wasn't healthy?  What if she had an incurable, terminal disease? 

Am I the only crazy person who does this?  Probably. 

But as I thought about that, it's because I know it's a reality for some.  A very hard and sad reality.  And in that moment, I was incredibly -- and almost beyond words -- grateful that my precious girl is healthy and happy.  She learns and grows and runs and plays and laughs.  She sometimes drives me to the brink of losing my sanity.  But then, I think she's supposed to ;). 

I do not know what the future holds.  While I hope never to face a trial such as a terminal illness in my child, I know that it is possible.  It scares the jeepers out of me, honestly.  And so I push those fears aside, and embrace the now.  And feel grateful every moment for a healthy little girl who is so full of life.  A little girl who brings me infinitely more joy than I knew possible. 

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Rachael Wood said...

You're not crazy and you're not the only one. ;)