Thursday, March 19, 2015

No Gestational Diabetes!

For both of my pregnancies which got to the point of being tested for this dreaded thing, I was sure I'd probably test positive. 

I crave nothing but junk food -- especially sweets... and especially chocolate.  And I have very little willpower.  Ergo, I figured I was due diabetes. 

But, for the second time, I am gestational diabetes free!  And I'm so grateful!  It would be really hard for me (although probably better for me...). 

I'm a huge carb eater on top of the whole sweets thing, so yeah.  I'm glad.


What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Heidi Nielsen said...

What a relief! I mean, healthy eating IS important, but so is chocolate! Which brings me to the chocolate-peanut butter-banana smoothie recipe you shared a while back. This has gone from being an occasional treat to my regular breakfast. Although these days, I use sesame milk instead of cow's milk. Adding the rest of the ingredients helps disguise the bitterness of the sesame milk, but allows me to get the calcium I need without the lactose. And it's actually pretty healthy! Calcium, potassium, antioxidants (from the cocoa) and protein. I crave these smoothies now.