Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Elmo

Seriously, who knew I'd come to appreciate (and know way too much about) this little red monster?  I remember when the "Tickle Me Elmo" was all the rage, and I couldn't understand it. 

I think I get it a little bit more now... 

Because last week I was beyond exhausted.  I think I had a mild bug of some sort that just wiped me out.  (For a while there I was concerned it was just 'old very pregnant lady' syndrome, and I was dreading feeling like that for 8 more weeks!)  So guess who came to the rescue every time I needed to lay on the couch and rest (which was roughly every 1 to 2 hours, sadly...). 

Yep, it was Elmo.  On DVD.  Because we own a few, and we borrow them from the library too.  And you know what?  Last week, I needed Elmo to lend me a hand.  He kept my toddler happy and entertained for 30 minutes at a time while I got the rest I needed. 

So yes, Elmo...  Years ago, I couldn't understand the wonderfulness of you.  Nor did I ever think I would agree.  But I totally get it now.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: