Sunday, January 11, 2015

9:00 Church

Yes, I know I may receive some hate-mail from other members of my congregation for the fact that I am grateful for 9:00 church ;)...  But I'm okay with that.  Because I still get 9:00 church for another 50 weeks!

So, our church building has two congregations meeting in it every Sunday.  One attends at 9:00 in the morning and the other at 1:00 in the afternoon.  Typically, our congregations change back and forth each year and swap times -- just to keep things fair.  But, due to circumstances that just were, our congregation has spent the last 3 years attending at 1:00.  This year we got to change!  True, the reason for the change means we had to say good-bye to an awesome family, and that is a sad part.  But the part of us having church at 9 has been, for me, a much anticipated event!

I just love having morning church; then having the rest of the day to come home, relax, and -- most importantly, get my toddler her afternoon nap!  I don't know why it is, honestly, that I am so in favor of having morning church.  I just know that I am :).  Probably because I'm a creature of habit, and pretty much my whole life until I moved here in 2008, I attended church with start times between 9 and 9:30.  It's just what is normal for me.

And sure, I love my sleep as much as many (and possibly more than most).  I especially love morning sleep, and being in my pajamas for a long time before I get moving.  But something about morning church just resounds with me -- and I think I'll always prefer it, even if it means no sleeping-in (which hasn't been happening with a toddler lately anyhow ;)) and no pancakes in the morning (who has time when you sleep!?!).

So, I apologize to my friends who may not share my enthusiasm that, for the next 50 weeks, our ward will be up early attending church.  But I'm still grateful ;).


What are you grateful for today?

No comments: