Monday, April 27, 2015

My Stand Mixer

Friday night, I decided to get adventurous in the kitchen and try a new twist on an old favorite and made these.  And as I was cranking up the speed on my beautiful stand mixer, it occurred to me that I love this thing.  I am pretty sure I use it at least once a week -- but probably more.  Just tonight, I was using it to make pizza dough (pictured above ;)). 

I can say I've used a hand mixer to make dough for cinnamon rolls and such.  And don't get me wrong:  hand mixers are fabulous too.  For pudding and boxed cake mixes.  But when it comes to making bread dough...  Yeah, a hand mixer can't hack it for long -- and then you're mixing by hand.  I've done it a couple times, because I was making cinnamon rolls for people I love dearly.  But Friday night, as I thought about that...  I really thought how grateful I am for a stand mixer :).  It does all the work for me!  And quickly!  And I usually get yummy results ;)!

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Yesss! My preciousss stand mixer. I love mine, too. And I love even more that I got it for free, using reward points I earned for staying in a hotel, which my employer paid for because I was on a work assignment for nine months. So I guess I'm also grateful that my employer paid for me to stay in a nice hotel that gives reward points, instead of some dingy, tiny motel where I was lucky to get a bed and a hot shower. And I do miss the pool.