Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Living Prophet

Twice a year, members of my faith (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) gather to listen to the Prophet and Twelve Apostle and other church leaders.  It is called General Conference, and it is broadcast from Salt Lake City.  We are able now, with technology, to view it on the internet from home.  I always feel really good inside when I hear the words they speak.  The messages are timely, and I know these men are speaking the words the Lord would have us hear.

Today the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, spoke briefly in the morning (he will speak more tomorrow morning).  As I listened to his words, what stuck out to me was how he spoke of loving others.  All others.  He talked of how it is a commandment from the Savior to love one another.  And that His disciples are expected to do so.  I'm not sure why that really stood out to me in his brief comments today, but it did.  Because love truly does make a difference.  It changes lives. 

I truly am grateful to know we have a living Prophet on earth today.  To know he receives revelation from God on our behalf.  I'm grateful for the counsel we are given -- to love others, to be prepared in a variety of ways, to recognize the hand of the Lord in our lives...  I find that, when I strive to follow the counsel he gives, I am happier and more grounded in life.  And I'm grateful we can hear him speak at General Conference :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: