Thursday, October 16, 2014

Credit Card Fraud Checkers

... Yeah, I don't know what the official term or name is...  I just know I'm grateful for it.

Because, as though things weren't crazy enough in our little world right now (still not living at our home)...  Monday morning dawned with a text from our credit card company asking that we check in on some recent charges that were flagged for possible fraudulence.  Because this has happened to a couple of my friends recently -- and for at least one of them, the charges were legit -- I wasn't overly concerned.

But then I found out I needed to be.  Because, sure enough...  That $80 charge to sportsfood for "nondurable goods" sure was not one I made.  Particularly not at 6 a.m. Monday morning. 

And so, I'm ever so grateful that the credit card company is on the lookout for suspicious activity.  I've never had this happen before (other than the time they got a little concerned about all the gas I was buying across the country in 2009...).  But there's a first time for everything.  And this time, my account had been compromised.  Which is a total bummer.  Why must there be so much dishonesty in this world?  It's sad.

But I'm so grateful that we are protected.  That that old account is now closed.  That we have a new account.  That they were willing to send the new cards to our temporary address.  Yeah, it was a bit of a hassle.  But still a huge blessing.

And yes, I know it's true what my husband said:  the credit card company is just covering themselves...  That's fine.  Because they are covering me in the process.  And that's what I need in this world when almost everything is credit-based and not everyone is honest.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: