Friday, October 24, 2014

Tweezers

So packing for our 8 day stint away from our apartment was a challenge (just fyi... we're back home now, if you didn't already know ;))...  But I'd say we did pretty darn well with it! 

Because hubby was parking at our apartment complex and walking to work every day (as he usually does under normal circumstances), we were always well aware of the progress of things.  Which was nice.  And so, when he found he could access our apartment (before we were actually allowed to return), he asked me if there was anything I needed from home, since he could now supply it for me.  (Yes, sometimes we're rebels...).  I had only one item:  tweezers. 

Because here's a fun fact for you:  most women have at least one (if not more) unsightly hair they want removed.  And a week + of no proper tweezing can be...  disturbing.  Even if only to the woman in question.  And here's another fun fact:  I'm one of those women.

My husband rolled his eyes at me when I told him.  But I think he knew I was serious when I sent him a text to remind him.  I told him I didn't want to look like a woolly mammoth.  He acquired said tweezers. 

Glamorous, no?  But hey...  I'm getting older (almost 34, people!).  And I'm learning that you may as well just embrace who you are -- unsightly, unwanted hairs and all.  Because we all have our flaws. 

And let's not kid ourselves...  I'm betting there's at least one lady somewhere out there reading this, nodding her head, because she knows

Besides, I got a chuckle writing this :).

(I should have written this days ago...  But it's been a crazy month.)

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: