Friday, August 22, 2014

Birthday Traditions

My sweetie got another year older today.  He surprised me last night when he got home by telling me he put in to be off work today.  And, shocker of shockers, they approved it! 

That's not the tradition though ;)...  Raspberry Coffee Cake is :).  My husband loves this cake.  And so, for the last 3 years, I have made it for him on his birthday.  I try to make it a surprise for when he comes home from work (seeing as his last 3 birthdays have been week days...).  But today he kinda knew -- since he was home and all ;). 

But still, I love simple birthday traditions.  And I get excited about making him one of his favorite treats every day to let him know how special he is -- today, and every day ;).

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's pretty cool that you do that :) It's all those thoughtful little things that make a marriage sweet!