Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Scrapbooking Group

Once a month, the funeral home where I used to work holds a little scrapbooking group.  Sometime after my munchkin was born, I started attending it for a couple reasons:  1.  To have a time set aside for me to work on her baby book (I am not a huge scrapbook person, as I'm not very creative).  2.  To have a social outlet.  I noticed how much I was craving groups of other women after I was home all day with an infant.  So...  I decided to start going to the group. 

Over the last year, I've started participating more in making the craft they bring to share...  I like it!  It's nice to sit around the table and make something fun and quick along with the other ladies.  And now that my munchkin is walking, she's pretty content to entertain herself just walking around the room, so that helps me be able to do this easier :). 

Today we made a "summer-y" card.  Isn't it cute?  I don't know when I'll use it, but I'm sure I'll have the opportunity eventually! 

Anyway, I'm just grateful for having opportunities like this one to be a part of a group and visit other ladies -- and make cute things to boot!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: