Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Library Summer Reading Program

As most people are well aware, I am a lover of libraries.  They are awesome.  And today I added another reason to the list of why:  the summer reading program.

True, before this year, I was always on the other end of the library SRP.  And sometimes it wasn't as awesome from that side of things ;).  But this year, I got to be the parent of a child signing up.  Yes, even my toddler participated!!!  Because my reading to her counted. 

And sure, it took us, literally, all summer long to read her 10 hours (she's a toddler, after all...  I'm lucky to get 15 minutes of her attention each day for reading -- and that's rarely all in one sitting).  She loves books and "stories" and will drag her library bag over to me whenever I ask if she wants to read stories...  But she doesn't sit still for long, and I wanted to count her attentive time.  So, yeah...  All summer.

But it was awesome.  And we made it!  We colored in a flask for every 15 minutes we read.  And then today, we got to get a free book! 

There were a lot of other cool programs over the summer for the kids, too.  But most of it is "too old" for my munchkin.  So we just did the reading.  But next year...  It's full-on SRP! 

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: