Friday, August 29, 2014

Family Time

After the hustle and bustle of yesterday, I decided today would be a pajama day.  So Munchkin and I stayed home and worked on organizing some stuff. 

And I don't know why, but this evening, as we sat around -- our family of 3 -- and spent time together...  It was just the best time.  We all played.  Peek-a-boo.  Scream when we lift mommy's shirt (okay, the toddler plays this game -- and we probably shouldn't have taught it to her.  haha).  Bunny (and Beaver) catapult.  Throw the blanket.  Put Bunny to sleep and snuggle Bunny.  Just a lot of random stuff -- all of which my little girl laughed hilariously about.  She had so much fun.  And so did we.  Because it's such a joy to watch her as she grows and learns and laughs and plays.

I know that these are the moments that matter most.  The times when we make time for each other.  So that we let each other know they are the most important. 

And it is an opportunity for me to see the personality traits of my little girl emerge.  I can see her zest for life.  Her nurturing side as she hugs the bunny.  Her playful side as she throws the beaver back onto the blanket catapult so Daddy will catapult it again. 

These are moments that are precious.  And moments for me to treasure.  The kind I need to try to make more of, quite frankly. 

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: