Monday, August 11, 2014

Coming Home to a Clean -- and COLD -- House!

Today leaves me with so many things for which to be grateful!  It was hard to choose just one.  But I did.

I know I've already touted my husband's awesomeness.  But seriously...  He deserves an encore! 

So, as I shared, my mom, my munchkin, and I went to Utah for a few days (officially, we were there 2 and driving 4...).  My husband's job sent out an email months back with black-out dates -- dates during which no one would be approved for time off.  And the dates for this trip fell into that category.  Boo.

So my sweetheart was stuck at home while we were gallivanting around Utah (and Washington, Oregon, and Idaho...).  I was already very happy to be getting home to see him today (when he gets home from work, that is).  But imagine my happy surprise when I walked into the house -- and the a/c was already running (so refreshing on this hot Washington day -- holy cow, I just looked at today's high:  98 degrees.  What the heck, Washington!?!).  And then...  I walked around the corner and saw that the living room was spotless!  As was the kitchen!

Yep, my husband is full of wonderfulness, and he totally made my day -- at the end of two very long days of driving.

(And just so you know, in case you were super curious...  My other two gratefuls are that my munchkin is the most amazing traveler.  A total of 38 hours of travel (34 of them in the car) over the space of 6 days and she was a total gem!) and THRIVE Express Creamy Garden Vegetable Chowder.  Click the link to find out why.)

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: