Saturday, August 23, 2014

Teenage Baby-sitter Success


Today was the first time my husband and I paid for a baby-sitter.  We have been quite fortunate that we have so many near us who want to watch our munchkin for us and let us go on dates.  So we rarely schedule a baby-sitter to come here.

But we decided we should try it out -- for all of our growth and learning ;).  And plus, we know some awesome young ladies at church who are looking to make a few bucks.  So we did it.

We haven't left our munchkin here at home without one of us present since she was about 4 or 6 weeks old -- and even then, it was my mother-in-law and father-in-law.  When we've had others watch her, usually we drop them off at their house.  So today we had the opportunity to see how she did with watching Mom and Dad leave the house without her -- and to see how I did with it.

We all survived.  And she was happy as a clam when we got back.  So I say it was a success. 

And the hubby and I went and saw Xanadu Jr., put on by the theatre camp kids.  Cute and funny.  Something different for us to do.  So, yeah...  A good day :).

And now I know my munchkin is growing up even more... ;).  And that I can leave her with a teenager without freaking out.  I now fully realize the trust parents put in me all those years ago when I was the baby-sitter.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: