Saturday, March 8, 2014

Baby Showers

Today I helped a friend shower a new mom-to-be. 

There's just something wonderful about celebrating a new life.  There is so much happiness and excitement.  So many stories shared among women.  Birth stories, baby stories, lack of sleep stories... 

And, foodie that I am, I have to admit the food is always an enjoyable part for me!

Today, it was just nice to get away from the routine.  To take time out to play games and visit with other women.  To see the excitement on a friend's face as she anticipates the arrival of her first bundle of joy... Even if she doesn't yet quite fully know what she's getting into!

It's funny, really...  Less than a year ago, I was in that very same position.  Fantasizing about parenthood and the picture-perfect ideals I had in my mind.

But it's incredibly awesome to also know that, even knowing what I know now...  I'd do it all over again.  Because it is so worth it...  Even when reality isn't quite what I pictured (... in most ways, it's better!).

So yes, today's baby shower made my day happier.  And I'm so grateful I could be a part of it and help celebrate this exciting event :).

What are you grateful for today?

 

No comments: