Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Middle School Band Concerts


This evening Baby Girl and I had the opportunity to attend my niece's band concert.

And it made my day

There is something special about being able to witness this beautiful young woman as she contributes her part (trombone) to a greater whole.  To listen to the music these kids have worked to prepare.  And to introduce my baby to musical instruments and concerts!

It was a blessing for me to be able to attend this event today.  And, if I'm being completely honest, I got a little choked up as I listened to the band play, with my eyes fixed on my niece and the part she played.  What a treasure to see her as she is maturing.  I was there the day she was born (not the exact moment, but before and after...), and it's hard to believe almost 13 years have passed. 

Tonight was poignant for me, and I'm so grateful that tonight's middle school band concert offered me the opportunity to be touched on so many levels and store away treasured moments in my memory box :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: