Thursday, March 20, 2014

Baking Soda


Today was not the easiest day in our household. 

Baby Girl had 2 explosive diapers...  2 vomits (at least one of which was of the projectile variety -- the other might have been, but we were in her dark room, so I felt it more than saw it), 2 baths, 5 outfit changes (6 different outfits).

Mommy had two baths and 4 outfit changes.

Mommy and Daddy washed 4 loads of clothes.

And the couch was unstuffed and the covers washed and some of the cushions got baking soda'ed.  To take out the puke smell.

I don't know what my sweet husband did with the baking soda, but I know it worked.  So I'm grateful for baking soda. 

And for my husband being home this morning to help me get through the worst of it.  Because believe me, this was a two-person operation!

We don't know what has caused our sweet girl's distress.  Just a bug?  Or did we give her something to eat that didn't agree with her?  She is still pretty happy, but her appetite is pretty nil and she has slept a lot.  And she doesn't like pedialyte.  Which has me a bit worried, because I don't know how to get it into her, and I feel like she needs something to replace all that she's purged! 

But I'm still grateful for the baking soda.  Grateful the couch is like new (or at least like it was before this morning happened ;)).  Better keep that trick in mind for the next time I am in labor to have a baby....  Experience tells us I toss my cookies...

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: