Friday, March 21, 2014

Pedialyte


As I mentioned yesterday...  We had a sick little girl in our house. 

She was feeling much better today, but her diaper situation is still pretty bad.  We probably went through 10 diapers today and 5 outfits.  Despite all that, she's been really happy and cheese-grinny (it's her new thing).  And she's eating and keeping everything down.  It's just the other end that's still having issues.

So we've been pumping Pedialyte into her any which way we can.  Including out of a "big girl" cup.  She is a kiddo who loves the novelty of new things...  So I tried giving her some of the Pedialyte in a cup, very slowly...  And she just kept opening her mouth for more.  (When I gave it to her in a bottle, her face was priceless... Her refusal to drink it after that... not so funny.)

Anyway, there may be a lot of really great ways to make sure a baby isn't getting dehydrated.  But I'm pretty grateful for this stuff.  Even though it tastes pretty yuck

Yes, I tried it.  Because after the faces I was getting from Baby Girl, I figured I should know what would elicit such a sour-puss face.  And now I know

But I'm grateful for what its intended use is.  I'm grateful I could go to the store and grab some when we realized our munchkin was going to be having some issues with losing a lot of liquid. 

And, since I probably bought more than we need...  Maybe this will mean will never have to use it after this!  You know...  Since I have it, maybe we won't need it.  :)... I'll pay $20 for that any day!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: