Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cell Phones


True, I've been grateful for texting in the past...  Which is pretty much impossible without a cell phone...

But today, while I was walking around Costco and remembering I was supposed to buy a pair of jeans for my husband...  my cell phone came to the rescue!

See, I totally forgot to actually write jeans on the Costco list.  Which means I also forgot to write down the size of jeans I'm supposed to get.  And men's pants are all complicated-like.  With two numbers to remember, not just one, like for women's pants :).  I thought I remembered the numbers.  But then you also have to remember which order they were given.  Because one means waist size and one means length. 

And I couldn't remember which was which.

So who could I ask?  Who would know which number was waist and which was length?  Well, a guy would be my best bet

But what guy could I get in touch with from Costco?!?  My husband doesn't take his cell phone to work with him, so I couldn't ask him.

And then I remembered Jon.  My reliable best Juliebean's hubby.  So I shot a text to him.  And he shot one back to let me know the first number is for waist.

Yep, Jon and my cell phone totally saved the day today.  And yeah, it's true I got one of the numbers wrong (bought one size too big in the waist), but considering I almost bought some that were too small in the waist and 2 sizes too long in length...  I think I didn't do too badly.  And now I know!

So I'm grateful for my cell phone, that enables me to call -- or text -- from almost anywhere to almost anywhere when I need some help :). 

(Though we haven't yet taken the step into the world of smart-phones, which would also have been helpful today!)

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: