Monday, March 10, 2014

Our Deep Freezer


For quite some time after we got married, the hubby and I wanted a deep freezer.  We weren't picky as to whether it was an upright or chest freezer.  We just wanted one. 

Me, because I get excited about the prospect of frozen food storage (like 30 bags of frozen zucchini).

The husband, because he agrees with that sentiment about food storage.  And also because he was highly annoyed with how much I packed into our regular freezer.  There may have been a couple of times when things came falling out when he opened the freezer door...

As it happened, some friends of ours moved away and wanted to get rid of their freezer.  And we were only too happy to take it off their hands!!!  And we have been so excited to have it ever since! 

Now I can pre-make dry beans and freeze them.  I can pre-shred cheese and freeze it...  I can pick tons and tons of berries and freeze them...  I can grow (and grate) a ton of zucchini and freeze it (and make zucchini bread year-round!)...  I can make chicken stock or turkey stock and freeze it...  And I still have plenty of room for frozen juice and stocking up on meat when it's on sale and butter from Costco...  Yeah, this thing stays well-used!

Yep, I love my deep freezer.  I love that it helps our family be more prepared... and have a decluttered kitchen-freezer ;)

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: