Sunday, December 15, 2013

Texting


Sometimes I ponder the fact that I am living in a time when the dictionary is gaining a lot of new words.  Like texting.  Or googling.  Or twitter. 

And sometimes, I find myself doing things I swore I'd never do.  Like texting.

I'm not joking.  I am notorious for saying I will never do something... and then doing it at some point later on.  So I'm learning not to say never so much.  I'm not such a fan of eating crow...

Anyway, so yeah.  Now I'm an avid texter.  Sometimes I think I'm a little bit too reliant on it.  I often prefer it to actual conversations -- and maybe that's not the best.  But...  There is just something convenient about it.  And I don't have to worry about interrupting someone with a phone call.  And there's no logging into voicemail to check a message... 

I love that, with a few button pushes, I can shoot off a conversation to a friend in Alabama. 

And I appreciate that it is sometimes a non-forceful way to contact someone.  Less awkwardness somehow. 

So, though I swore I'd never do it...  I do.  And I'm grateful I can!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: