Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall


I love Fall.  For so many reasons. 

The beauty of it is amazing.  The yellows and oranges and reds where once there were greens.  And, especially here in Washington -- the evergreen state -- those beautiful colors are contrasted against the greens that remain.  It's absolutely breath-taking, in  my opinion.  This is a small tree outside of our apartment complex.  I noticed its vibrancy the other day and my eyes are drawn to it every time I pass by now. 

The feel of Fall is another cherished thing in the Nilla Life.  I love the weather as it changes.  The crisp coolness in the air.  The sure indication that the Christmas season is coming (and isn't there just something magical about that time of year?). 

I love the promise of all the other Fall goodness to come.  The family get-togethers.  The apple cider.  The egg nog.  The pumpkin pie.  The hot chocolate.  (Yes, I am aware most of these things are foodie items...  No, I'm not ashamed of that ;)). 

I'm grateful for such a wonderful time of year.  And I'm grateful I can enjoy it in so many ways!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: