Monday, October 7, 2013

A Washer and Dryer In-House

I do not enjoy laundromats.

I have been, in my somewhat-distant and not-so-distant past, grateful that they, too, exist.  However, I do not enjoy them.

Having an in-house washer and dryer was one of our requirements when we were apartment hunting last year.  And while, being in a rental, our washer and dryer combo isn't the greatest in the world with it's squealing at the onset of a dry cycle or it's small load size, every Monday and Friday (laundry days in my little world), I'm ever so grateful that that lovely machine is sitting in the bathroom, awaiting my loads.  It keeps me from having to lug 2 to 3 loads of laundry out to the car, into the laundromat, back to the car, and back into the house twice a week.  It is a whole heck of a lot cheaper!  I don't have to chop off my finger to pay for laundry soap when I forget mine at home :-/...  And I don't have to wonder who is staring at my unmentionables ;)!  (Nor do I have to see some of theirs!). 

Yes, I am so grateful for our washer and dryer.  And I'm thankful for washers and dryers in general (especially with the addition of baby poop to our little world!)!  Because hand washing would not be fun.

What are you grateful for today?

2 comments:

Amalea Hendrickson said...

I am grateful for you for creating such a cute blog. It made me laugh!

jessica said...

Amen!!! I go through around 9 loads of laundry a week and I LOVE having them close! Give said the little stream...glad I don't have to be knee deep in one scrubbing ;)