Monday, October 28, 2013

Throwback 80's Cereals!


Yes, I am completely serious.  These are "grateful-worthy" :).  Because they totally made my day!! 

I don't know what it is about me and sugary, bad-for-you cereals; but I love them.  I know I shouldn't.  But I do.  They are on the expensive side, though.  And I've become miserly.  So I rarely buy anything but Raisin Bran (from Costco) these days, unless I get a phenomenal sale. 

And I don't know what it is about me and the 80s.  But I love that decade.  The music, the movies, the fads, the TV shows.  The cereals.  Pretty much every year since we started doing the Halloween party (except this year), I have bought Boo Berry cereal to make Boo Berry treats (a la rice krispie treats).  And the box of the cereal was a new design.  So when I went to Target the other day and saw these, I about died.  (Okay, that's a little exaggerated.)  But seriously!  The throwback box!?!  It was all I could do to tear myself away without making a purchase.  I admit, I was a little heart-broken.

So imagine my surprise when the mail lady rang my doorbell today and I got a package.  And inside was a box of every single one.  It was like Christmas, I kid you not.  I've never tried the mummy one or the frute brute, but I'm looking forward to the experience :)...

Yep, they are a guilty pleasure, but they made my day.  And I'm grateful for them.  And for the awesome 80s-loving friend who sent them for my birthday :)...  But she's getting her own grateful post one of these days.  Because she's just that awesome :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: