Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Sisterhood of Relief Society

Tonight was a Relief Society activity.  And though my day was hectic and going tonight wreaked a bit of havoc on our little miss's bedtime routine, I'm really glad I went :).

You see, the great thing is that all these sisters have so much to offer me.  I learned a lot tonight, in addition to just being out and enjoying the company of other women.  We are a sisterhood, and we are able to lift and educate one another with our various abilities and knowledge.  It's amazing.

Tonight I tasted a new recipe that is delicious and exotic tasting and vegan (and probably more healthy than many things I make) and I got the recipe and plan to make it again!  (I even brought a little sample home for the husband and he liked it too, so definitely going to try it!).

I learned how to cut an onion so that it's not so annoying (I have actually gone to dehydrated onion about 85% of the time, because I loathe cutting onions.

I got to eat some very yummy home-made bread (and who doesn't love that!?!).

I got some great tips on ways to encourage my children to eat their veggies (I loved these ideas!  I'm so not a creative mom, and I am glad there are women out there who are and who are really great at finding fun ways for kids to do not-so-fun things!!!)

And I laughed a lot about the cookies that tasted.... healthy.  (Because they were -- apparently no butter or sugar).  And for the record, I liked the chocolate ones quite a bit (made with avocado!).

And all of these things are because of the sisterhood of Relief Society.  And I am grateful to be a member of such a great Society of women.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: