Friday, October 11, 2013

Shopping With My Hubby

If your husband is anything like my husband, he probably doesn't savor the opportunity to go shopping.  When we got married, I took over all shopping duties, and my sweetie was only too happy to let it be so.  I enjoyed the shopping and had no problem with this set-up.  I still don't mind it.  But it is a little more difficult with a little munchkin in tow!  So, since my husband had the day off today, he asked if I would like him to join me.  (Originally he was going to stay home on baby duty while I shopped baby-free!  But we decided to go out as a family instead ;)).  So we loaded up and went to four stores!  Woohoo!  Including Costco.  On a Friday afternoon.  Of payday.  Not the best time for Costco-ing, trust me. 

But it was actually quite enjoyable.  I had someone there to entertain the baby (and she loved her daddy playing with her and giving her his undivided attention during the shopping trip) while I crunched numbers and crossed-off items on the grocery list.  And we spent time as a family.  It made for a really enjoyable afternoon. 

And the bonus was when, upon arriving home, my husband said, "This was actually really good.  It helps me to see what you deal with when you go shopping and how you are working so hard to save money."  It's just nice when they have that opportunity to understand those things :).

So this pretty much made my day :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: