Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunny Days

Now, please don't mistake my appreciation for sunny days with an appreciation for hot ones.  The two do not mix well, in my book :)...  (The heat of the summertime South is probably the only item I have to put on my list of why I wouldn't want to move back there...).  But a beautiful sunny day in the Fall or Spring...  Now there's something to be grateful for!  Especially in Washington State.

I think I started to really appreciate sunny days more after moving here.  Because, let's be honest:  most of the year, it's pretty overcast and drizzly in these parts.  I didn't realize how wonderful and beautiful the sunshine is until I didn't have it all the time.  And it's not that Alabama and Panama never have their cloud-cover.  I mean, they get some fierce thunderstorms with some of the darkest skies I've ever seen.  But those storms are fleeting, and rarely (if ever) last more than a day at a time.  So I saw a lot of sunshine, and I admit that I took it for granted.  It was only after I was living here and beautiful, cooler sunny days were harder to come by that I started to appreciate the beauty of them.

Today was one such beautiful sunny day, from start to finish.  And it felt really good :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: