Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lea (and Chuck and Morgan and Xavier)

Today I ate a wonderful breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, hash brown patties, and biscuits.  And orange juice.  It was all cooked by Lea (well, not the orange juice).  And it was delicious. 

Lea is one awesome friend.  And she just might kick my tail for making her my "grateful" for today.  But I really am grateful for her and for her friendship. 

We met in 2010 while I was working at a library.  It was within my first week of work that she came over to me and said, "Okay, so when do we get to ask you personal questions?"  I think those were almost the first words she ever spoke to me.  And from that, a beautiful friendship blossomed. 

We've walked together (both outdoors as well as to Walk Away the Pounds).  Laughed together.  Driven to work functions together (and gotten lost en route together).  We've seen plays together.  The Harry Potter exhibit together.  Done Seattle together (and she knows what I look like when I chew gum).  We've bought ridiculously expensive nachos together (seriously -- $12 each... at the movie theatre).  We've watched softball games together.  We've done Monday Meals together.  We've sung, I always feel like somebody's watching me together.  And we've learned CPR together.  We've watched Scrubs together.  Enjoyed the great 2010 power-outage in November together.  Survived the "Tundra" together.  And then survived a drive in The Beast together.  We've eaten gray hot dogs together (but not the ones with garbage can germs... Chuck).

It is because of her and her awesome family that I understand some people's love of heat-lamp food and taco trucks on the side of the road.  It's why I can imagine a variety of foods shaped like a log.  And why I know Tucker is always second.  Or that it's okay to walk around the grocery store like an ape.

The list of memories goes on.  I am just eternally grateful that I met Lea while working at the library  And I'm so glad we've continued our friendship past my employment there.  She and her family are near and dear to my heart.  She invited me into her life and allowed me to share in some special times with her family, such as Duke and Duchess crownings, and high school graduations.  Going to her house is always so fun and her home just feels homey.  It is one of my favorite places to be.  Probably partially because I know I'll laugh a lot there and have a great time making memories.

Yep, I'm grateful for Lea -- and not just because she cooked me a wonderful breakfast today ;). 

And oops!  I forgot one:  We've danced crazily to Jessie's Girl together.  Because, after all... It's only fun when it's fun.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Lynn Hoover said...

Ahhh...love this! Yep, they are a pretty amazing bunch of people - and so are you, Ms. Hila! :)