Saturday, October 26, 2013

Theme Parties



Okay, so I love to plan stuff.  Event-type things.  And one of the things I have done almost every year since I moved to Washington is plan a Halloween Party for my family.  In the last couple of years, it's been more for the kids, so the focus has changed some and we've done things like candy-corn bingo.  Tonight we had our Halloween Party, and this is the first year we had nieces and nephews from both my side of the family and my husband's side.  And this year, I think I was most excited about the "touch boxes" I made (and found on Pinterest). 

A large part of my parties centers around food.  (Have I mentioned yet that I am a total foodie?).  So tonight we had jack-o-lantern grilled cheese, mummy hot dogs, green slime dip, jello worms, eyeball deviled eggs, candy-corn fruit cups, and ghost rice krispie treats with orange soda (decorated like a jack-o-lantern).  I don't know, there's just something fun about themed food in my world...

I've planned an 80's party where we had foods named after things of the 80s (like "oreo truffle shuffle" and "Pretty in Pink lemonade").  I planned a party with my friend April based on the sitcom "The Office" back in its heyday.  This included a Dwight pen in jello and a kitty litter cake, and bacon -- from an episode in which one of the characters grilled his own foot on his George Forman grill -- and a few other things. 

I don't know, I just think it's fun!  It's one of the areas I sometimes feel creative :).  And part of the fun is in the planning, at least for me. 

So I'm grateful for opportunities to plan and participate in theme parties.  They are one of the bright spots in my very blessed life :).

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are an awesome theme-party planner! I have so enjoyed out themed get togethers :-) You are very creative! Here's to more parties in our future!