Saturday, November 9, 2013

Becky M.

Prior to our vacation in Alabama, I wouldn't have been able to remember when I first met Becky M.  But she remembered, so now I know :)...

We met at a Fall Festival on the Lewis Farm probably around 2004.

I knew her from church.  She was in my Ward at the time.  But it wasn't until a while later that we actually hung out and became friends.  And I'm glad we did.  Because Becky is one of the sweetest, kindest, most generous people I know.

One of the greatest memories I have is going over to her house in 2006 and playing a bunch of games with a group of people.  The one I remember best was PIT.  I had so much fun!  And then, that October, I was invited to go over for a Halloween party.  I dressed up as a witch (a last-minute costume).  Becky was Princess Leia.  I have to say Becky throws some awesome parties.  The Halloween-themed food table was great.  And we had a few other "theme" parties after that...  The St. Patrick's Day party, the Luau before I moved away...

And Becky is very thoughtful when it comes to gifts.  When I was moving away, she made me a nice warm fleece tie-blanket/quilt with the University of Alabama all over it, since I'd just finished school there.  And she included a can of boiled peanuts for me to take with me to Washington.  In case I ever felt home-sick.  I ended up saving them for a long time and then ate them with my husband back when we were in our early dating days.  Just to introduce him to something Southern.  And so, of course, I thought of Becky while eating them.  Just as I do almost year-round with the Alabama fleece.  It's almost always on our couch, because I like to snuggle up under it on the cold days (of which there are many!)...

Becky is one of those sweet friends who lent us baby gear while we were in Alabama.  She let us borrow their pack and play.  And believe you me, it was put to good use!  And it meant so much that she would do that for us.  Then she did a great get-together for all those fabulous ladies with whom I used to go to church in Alabama.  And it was just so awesome to see everyone in one place and laugh and eat some delicious food.  Definitely one of the highlights of my trip. 

Becky amazes me with everything she does.  She is so patient!!!  And with 4 kids between the ages of 1 and 6, I have to say I admire her immensely!  She is a great example.

And I remember one day in November of 2007.  I was back visiting from school for Thanksgiving, and I was having a really hard time emotionally.  I called Becky and asked if her husband would give me a Priesthood Blessing of comfort.  Sweet generous Becky, without any hesitation, told me to come on over.  And this is how Becky is.  So kind and generous.  Willing to do whatever she can to help.  And her husband is very kind as well.  I shouldn't leave him out.  They are just awesome people.  And I'm grateful to know them and call them my friends.  They have been a bright spot in my life for several years now, and I'll always be grateful for that and hope for many more.

What are you grateful for today?