Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Stacy T

Talented.  Strong.  Faithful.  Creative.  Reserved. Wise.

Did I mention incredibly talented?

These are words I use to describe my friend Stacy.  She is amazing.  She is another of my Alabama friends.  Another of those reasons I hold Alabama so dear.  One of those people I must see whenever I return.  Stacy is part of many of my most favorite memories from my years in Alabama.  And I am so grateful to have enjoyed her friendship these many years -- and that she remains among my dearest friends.

Stacy and I were visiting teaching companions in our younger days.  And I honestly can't say when our friendship blossomed.  But it did.  And I am glad.

I have been blessed by Stacy's many talents.  She has created treasured keepsakes for me over the years -- from a "Party Chick" at my going-away party to Twilight goodies (with authentic Forks stuff!) to a collage to remind me of going through the Temple for the first time.  Her skills truly amaze me.

She took beautiful pictures of my then-boyfriend, now-husband and I when we went down to visit my dad.  And I am always amazed by her photography.  She has an eye for detail and manages to snap some of the most wonderful shots.  Some posed, others not.  But always beautiful.  Always capturing something special.

Stacy is kind and giving.  Willing to share -- and not just her talents.  (She lent us the stroller that our munchkin-girl enjoyed wheeling around in while we were in Alabama).

Stacy is a great example to me.  I will never forget going on a youth Temple trip and walking into the baptistry and seeing Stacy and her husband in all white.  And I knew in that moment that I aspired to have what they have.  She was the epitome of so many of the things I hoped to become and achieve.

Yes, Stacy is just an amazing and fun friend.  You can't really surprise her by flying down from Washington for her Twilight party unannounced (because she'll dream about you doing just that very thing and somehow know -- when you're hiding behind a car to jump out and say surprise! -- that you're there (though the odds would be against it)).

But you can get her to smile by eating peanut m&ms while singing Super Trooper in your best Pierce Brosnan singing voice.

And that's good enough for me :).  Su-pa-pa Troo-pa-pa

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

the happy thomas family said...

way to make me cry, dear friend. happy tears. heart-warming tears. such wonderful memories. some of my very best laughs have been because of you ... and for that, i'm so grateful. i thank my lucky stars - and my heavenly father - for you. i am so, {so} honored to call you my friend. eternal friend, for sure. thank you for being you. thank you for it all.

and wouldn't you know it ... i just ate a bag of peanut m&ms (beams are gonna blind me!). i can't eat them without thinking of pierce. and ruby's. and trampas. see? so many wonderful stories. looking forward to many more, with a happy heart ('cause somewhere in the crowd there's you.).

i love you.