Monday, November 4, 2013

Date Nights With My Sweetie

Date night, though it shouldn't be, tends to be a rarity for my husband and me these days.  It's important, I know that.  It's good for us to get away from the routine and the baby and just be together.  Continuing to date after marriage is a marriage strengthener.  And we should do it more.  The truth is, often times since our baby girl has arrived, we have had date night at home -- after she goes down for the night.  Sometimes this entails a movie.  Other times we try to beat each other at chess (he always wins).  And it almost always involves ice cream.  And these are decent (and inexpensive) date nights for us. 

But sometimes it's good to be able to get out of the house and do something completely different. 

Tonight we had that opportunity with some nice in-house baby-sitting from Grandma and Grandpa (these are some serious perks to vacation...)!  And it was a treat.  We went to the National Peanut Festival -- the event around which I actually planned our trip.  And I got the fried twinkie I've been hoping to get for ages.  (It's not bad, in my opinion, but definitely not anything to spend $4 on ever again...).  And we walked around holding hands -- like we were dating again ;).  And sometimes you just need dates like this.  Even if you're a lot older than you used to be and you feel tired and worn out after walking around the fair for 2 hours...

So I'm grateful for date nights -- this one and every one.  And I'm realizing I need to make sure we do them more often!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: