Sunday, February 9, 2014

Experiencing Firsts Through My Baby's Eyes


Today was the first time my baby girl saw snow! 

And being that I'm a crazy first-time mom...  Well, I had to get some pictures. 

It's funny the things I do now as a mom.  Because I am excited about my sweet girl being able to have experiences. 

And it's so fun to see her experience these firsts.  It brings happiness and joy (most of the time... there are some not-so-fun firsts that I have to experience with her too) as I watch her explore and learn about this wonderful world she lives in.  As I watch her learn to use her body.  And learn through her own experience the bitter from the sweet.

Today, she saw snow for the first time.  She had the opportunity to learn that it was cold and feel what that means.  And she had the opportunity to learn that she didn't really like putting something that cold in her mouth!  (But she still did it 3 more times ;)).

This, to me, is one of the great perks about being a mom.  It's like I get to experience the joy and fun of things again :).  Like, one day, I'm pretty sure I'll be sliding down a slide with her.  Do you know the last time I slid down a slide!?!

How grateful I am for this adventure of motherhood, and the opportunity it affords me to experience life anew through the eyes of my baby girl.  To see the world as happy, fresh, and exciting; and not tainted by some of the dreary realities that come with adulthood. 

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: