Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Couple Scripture Reading

One of the things my husband and I try to do daily is read scriptures together.  We are mostly successful. 

I am grateful we take the time to try and fit this in, because it is time for just he and I.  We are able to read together and ponder together.  We can share ideas and discuss how what we've read might apply to us and our lives -- our situation. 

True, it's not always easy to find the time (quite often our schedules are hectic).  But I am grateful we've made the effort -- even if it means one of us is giving up some sleep to make it happen (when he's on day shift, it's usually him; when he is on swing shift, it's usually me :)).

I know this is strengthening our marriage and providing us with other blessings as well. And sometimes, it's what turns an otherwise difficult day around and ends it on a happy, positive note :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: