Saturday, May 24, 2014

Silicone Cupcake Cups


Today was a full day.  A good day.  But so very full.  By the end of it, Munchkin was definitely feeling a little over-stimulated. 

So I got these from Lea for Christmas.  I also got some silicone mats -- which I use all the time.  I love not having to scrub stuff off cookie sheets.  It's blissful :).

But today was the first time I made cupcakes since Christmas.  So it was the first time I got to try them.  And they are just as awesome as the mats! 

True, it's nice to just throw away the paper cupcake cup.  But it is the pits when you run out of them -- and you haven't run out of batter.  It's happened to me before.  I really dislike having to scrub out muffin tins.  Almost as much as I dislike scrubbing cookie tins.  And now I never have to worry about that again!  Because I'll always have these, and they are reusable!  And the cupcakes just popped right out, so I could easily have re-filled them pretty much immediately and baked again.  (Today I happened to have paper ones as well, so I used those too.  It was a full day, after all). 

So Baby Girl ate her first cupcake.  Sans frosting -- per the compromise with her Daddy.  I'm pretty sure she was okay with not having the frosting.  The cupcake was a treat, and she was cramming it in! 

And I got to enjoy using the silicone baking cups to make the cupcakes :). 

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: