Monday, May 19, 2014

Lots of Clothes

Talk about a random thing for which to be grateful. 

But every Monday, I do the bulk of our laundry.  I try to do the whites first, because they are my least favorite to have to fold (there are a ton of whites -- and they almost all require folding). 

But it occurred to me that it's really something awesome:  that we have all of these clothes (and sheets and towels) to use on a daily basis. 

We have been so blessed through hand-me-downs from amazing people for our little girl that we have yet to have to buy her any clothes at all.  And I don't think we'll have to until she's at least 3.  Isn't that amazing!?!

And just the other day, I was looking through my closet and noticing all my clothes.  My nice clothes.  Which I don't have much occasion to wear these days, as my mom uniform is pretty much jeans and a t-shirt.  (Is that sad?)  But, if I wanted to -- or if I did have occasion to -- I have lots of nice clothes from which to choose. 

And I even have lots of jeans and t-shirts.  So many t-shirts, in fact, several are stored away for the day I finally make my t-shirt memory quilt.

The point is, we have been blessed to have much.  And while I may often forget, when I'm sitting on the couch folding underwear and towels and t-shirts and onesies, and trying to compete with the toddler who thinks it's great fun to throw the freshly washed and folded clothes onto the floor (she has a dislike for organization at the moment...)...  Deep down I realize it's a wonderful blessing to have all those things to fold. Because it means we have clothes to wear, towels to dry off with, and sheets to sleep on.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: