Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Our Tower Fan

 

Well, this is the second stretch of hot weather we've had this month.  I'm a little concerned this may mean it will be an unpleasantly hot summer.  (I'm not one for the heat...  It makes me super grumpy.) 

If it helps the garden be phenomenal, then I guess I can just tolerate it, though ;).

But anyway...  When the heat arrives, so does my uber-appreciation for things like fans.  Especially this tower fan.  It has multiple speeds... it rotates...  and it has a remote control! 

And it's been keeping me cool for years and years.  I can remember vividly one summer in Tuscaloosa when I slept on the couch (because the living room was the only room with a window unit a/c) with the a/c blowing and this fan blowing on meThat was a yucky summer.  I'd wake up in the morning and the temperature inside was still 80 degrees.  Blech.  But at least the fan helped me be able to sleep!  Nowadays, the temperatures don't reach 108 degrees (thank you Washington) (but I still whine when they reach 80 outside... ;)). 

So let's just say The Nilla Life would be a whole lot less pleasant in the summertime without this wonderful invention.  And that's why I'm grateful for it, especially around this time every year (and for a couple more months).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: