Wednesday, May 28, 2014

That My Husband is GREAT with Kids

The past couple mornings, we have been helping some friends by watching their kiddos.  Well, today it was just one kiddo.

And my husband, though he is on swing shift and getting home late at night (and getting to bed even later), has gotten up and helped me both days.

I think I'm pretty decent at watching kids.  You know...  making sure they don't kill themselves or each other...  But my sweetheart is great at playing with them.  Yesterday he got the laundry basket down and was giving rides to them.  Both days he built towers with them (including our munchkin, of course, though she isn't quite ready for the clothes basket rides...), made cardboard box mazes with them, cardboard tunnels, etc.

I'm in charge of getting them snacks and lunch.  He makes time at our house fun and exciting.  And I somehow manage to do things like make a double batch of bagels or healthy oatmeal applesauce muffins (toddler snacks).  And not feel exhausted like I just finished a marathon (after having 3 kids under the age of 4 for a few hours).  All because he is so wonderful with the kids.

In fact, yesterday, when we had both of the kids, and their mom came to pick them up, the little girl told my husband she needed a hug before they left.  So he gave her one.  We learned today, when their dad came to get the little boy (she had pre-school today), that getting a hug from her -- with her initiating said hug -- is a huge deal.  Apparently it's a rarity.  So obviously I'm not the only one who is impressed with my hubby's ability to be awesome with kids.

And I'm so grateful :).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: