Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Hoe

I'd take a picture to clarify...  But it's over at my grandmother's house.

That's where the garden is, so that's where the garden tools are.

And the reason I'm thankful for the hoe today is because Baby Girl and I took a stroll on over to the garden today to give it a peek. 

Noticed lots of grass coming up around the plants we want to have grow. 

So I broke out the hoe and went to work.  (And let me give a shout-out to my amazing little munchkin, who watched from her stroller the whole time without a peep of complaint!  This kid is awesome.)  True, it's not ridding the garden of the grass when I do it this way...  But it is interrupting their growth cycle.  And I was able to do pretty much the whole garden in about 15 minutes.  Looked way better -- as far as weeds go.

Then I watered with the ultra-cool nozzle thing I bought last week.  And this is where the munchkin gets her reward:  I hold her while I water so she can stick her hand in the spray.  She loves it

Anyway, it would take forever to weed just by hand.  So I'm grateful for the hoe that allows me to be productive in a fraction of the time!

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: