Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Song "I Am a Child of God"

We don't have many rough nights around here.  Usually Baby Girl goes down easily and without crying.

Tonight was one of the exceptions.  She cried and cried and cried.  Not sure why.

But I know that, when she is crying that much, very few things calm her down as quickly as me singing softly in her ear:

I am a child of God.
And He has sent me here.
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me,
Walk beside me, 
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with Him someday.

Her crying stops almost immediately and she begins to calm down.  So I rock her and I sing.

I love the song because it is beautiful.  It is true.  And it helps me remember who I am, too.

And I love that it has clearly become one of her favorites too.

And for that, I am grateful.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: