Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Theresa S

Tonight we had a Relief Society activity.  The main focus of the activity was ministering to others.  Letting the women of our congregation know they are thought of and loved (particularly some of our elderly sisters who are home-bound).  So we made up plates of goodies and we paired up and went on visits. 

And I got to go with my friend Theresa.  Oh how I love this woman.  She is so hilarious.  She has a heart of gold, and she's willing to help anyone.  She puts people at ease, and I'm pretty sure nobody has ever felt like she was judging them.  I admire her a lot. 

The first time I ever saw Theresa was very shortly after I moved here to Washington.  I went to the Temple with my mom for the Stake Temple night, and saw Theresa.  My mom spoke with her about something -- and it was clear to me my mom knew her quite well.  After Theresa was out of ear-shot, I said, "How old is she?!?  Like 15?"  Hahaha.  My mom said, "I don't know, but she has kids." 

So, based on what Theresa told me tonight, she was probably about 23 or 24 at the time.  But she looked super young.  She still does.  Can I say that I maybe sort of envy that about her ;)?  (I've always looked older than I am.  At 15, that was awesome.  At 33, not so cool...)

Anyway, it made my night to enjoy this opportunity to visit some of the elderly sisters in our congregation with Theresa.  She is a warm fuzzy kind of person.  She just overflows with kindness and love towards others.  And did I mention she is hilarious?  I am rarely around her longer than a minute before she has me laughing about something. 

So yeah, I'm grateful I know Theresa.  I'm grateful I can call her a friend.  I'm grateful we have the chance to work together through church callings.  She's one of those one-in-a-million, and she is a blessing in my life in many ways.  Especially tonight.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: