Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Facebook

I am one of those people who likes to spout off about things and declare boldly that I will never do such and such...  And then, one day, I do what I said I never would.  And I have to eat crow.

I think I've gotten better about not pontificating so much... In an effort to eat less of the nasty black bird.

But once upon a time, when Facebook and MySpace were new (and rivals), I swore up and down I'd never use them.  I even had opinions about those who did.  (Yes, totally lacking in humility.)  In my defense, I never did have a MySpace account... ;).

Clearly...  Clearly...  I've since eaten crow on this one.  I joined Facebook.  And guess what?  I like it *gasp!!!* 

I like being in touch with people from my past and seeing the wonderful things that have happened in their lives:  their children, their adventures.  It helps me feel connected, not just to those people in a small way, but to my past.  Because my memories are jogged as I remember those individuals. 

And the truth is, I've been inspired and uplifted by so many through Facebook.  There is one gal I knew way back in Panama.  She found me on Facebook several years ago, and something I have consistently noticed with her is how positive and optimistic she is -- about everything.  I admire that, and I feel like she is a really great example to me.  And I wouldn't have the opportunity to have that experience without Facebook. 

And I have many such examples.

So anyway, I guess the Facebook crow was worth the eating :).  Because not only do I like Facebook...  I'm even grateful for it :). 

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: