Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Opportunities to Learn


I am learning every day.  And I love that.  One of the things I was able to start learning today was how to make a rag bag.  My wonderful friend Wendy (who is a woman of many talents) set up a class to teach pretty much anyone interested just how to make these bags.  (The above is my unfinished product.)

I am grateful that we have opportunities to learn and grow every single day.  True, I'm done with school.  At least, formal schooling.  I did my time and now I'm done.  But I'm not done learning.  And I think that is amazing.  I definitely know I have continued to learn and grow and develop skills since my college days ended -- like planting a garden, being able to make entire quilts by myself, and now learning how to make a rag bag!  I'm grateful for these things.

And I'm grateful for talented people like Wendy who take the time to mentor others in this way.  What a great service -- and what a great blessing to me (and others, I'm sure :)).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: