Wednesday, July 30, 2014

THRIVE Seasoned Chicken Strips

I have tried to keep my enthusiasm for THRIVE to a minimum on my "regular" blogs, simply because I don't want to drown everyone in it.  (I have another blog for that...  Feel free to visit there -- or join my facebook group "THRIVEing with Nilla" if you are interested in more THRIVE stuff like recipes and my experiences with the products).  The truth is, I think the stuff is awesome.  I'm loving doing the consultant thing.  I'd love to help you out if you're interested.  But I don't want anyone to feel like I'm shoving it down their throats.  It's not the Nilla way ;).

Even so, I am totally uber-grateful for the THRIVE Seasoned Chicken Strips.  So I'm going to be grateful for them here today.  Because they helped make dinner yummy -- and easier and quicker.  In the last couple of weeks, I've made 3 different dishes which call for cubed chicken.  I have a whole lot of frozen raw chicken breasts in my chest freezer.  And yet, in each instance I have turned to the THRIVE strips. Here's why:

1.  I can wait until the last minute to decide I want to make a chicken dish and not have to worry about the meat thawing (which I did today).  All I have to do is measure out my strips and either add warm water to them or throw them into the pot I'm cooking stuff in (which I did today).

2.  I don't have to mess with raw chicken.  I always clean my chicken well (leaving the fat on there grosses me out), so this takes time.  And gets (or at least has the potential to get) my kitchen counter all germy.  Which takes more time for me to disinfect (I just assume there are germs when I'm playing with raw chicken).

3.  I don't have to cut the chicken (whether before or after cooking, depending on the recipe).  These strips are, well... strips.  Again a time saver.

4.  I think they blend well and taste good in the dishes in which I've used them.  The seasoning isn't over-powering (in fact, I barely notice it).  So these strips work for a variety of things!

5.  They have a great shelf-life.  Even opened, they will last a year.  So they are a great way to have chicken in my food storage.

As we were eating dinner tonight, my husband turned to me and said, "You really like these THRIVE chicken strips, don't you?"  Hahaha.  YEP!  And I plan to buy more :)!

Seriously, these chicken strips have just made my dinner-making easier.  I'm sure I'll use my frozen fresh chicken breasts at times...  But I'm loving these strips for pasta salads and, after tonight, in my broccoli, chicken, cheese skillet (recipe to be posted on my foodie blog shortly).  They are just so convenient.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: