Saturday, July 5, 2014

That I Live a 5-Minute Walk From My Mom

Having my mom live very nearby has been a great blessing.

For one thing, that's where we have our garden.  And we are already harvesting zucchini -- green and yellow.  To date, I think we've picked 4 yellows and 6 green.  I'm excited.

But it has also been a boon, because I often get in the middle of making a meal and discover I am lacking one ingredient.  Don't you hate that?

About a month ago, that ingredient was sour cream.  Today, it was soy sauce.  (Too bad THRIVE doesn't have a soy sauce...  I'd definitely be investing in that!  But they do have sour cream.  So guess what I won't be lacking in the future...). 

I was prepped to make my stir fry veggies.  I'd already finished chopping all the vegetables up -- and they were sitting on the cutting board, waiting for some pan action.  And then I remembered I hadn't been to WinCo yet.  Which was where I was planning to purchase that soy sauce (since I used up the rest of what we had for Monday Meals this past Monday). 

So I pondered going to the store...  But I hadn't even put in my contacts today, since I wasn't planning to go anywhere (driving... I prefer to drive with contacts instead of glasses).  And, frankly, I didn't feel like packing the baby into the van (Hubby's on swings again this weekend) and driving to the store -- just for some soy sauce. 

And then I thought of my mommy...  Who lives down the lane :).  And I texted her.  And yes, she had soy sauce.  And yes, I could use it.  And so, for the second time today, Munchkin got a stroller ride to Grandma's (the first time was this morning when we all went to work in the garden and pick more raspberries :)).  And she's pretty okay with that.  She loves going to Grandma's.  And I loved that I didn't have to go to the store -- or find a different vegetable plan. 

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: