Thursday, July 3, 2014

Our Dining Table


Please excuse the clutter...  That's what happens when you have a table like this one ;). 

Because not only is this our dining table, it's also my project table.  And those boxes are full of 200 leetle jelly jars that will be filled with apple jelly for wedding favors.  Eventually.  Until then...  They'll probably be sitting on my table ;).  (Not really... every 4 weeks we have Monday Meals here, so I will have to clear them off before then if they aren't already gone.)

Anyway... yeah.  Also my project table.  For things like quilting.  And creating cookbooks.  It's definitely multi-useful. 

I love it for all the practical uses it offers me.  Like the ability to get even bigger than this.  (I think it pulls out to a total of 8 feet.)  Great for dinner parties (not that we have many, but still...). 

But I also love it for the history it carries with it.  This table belonged to my husband's great-grandmother.  And he tells me he can remember his mom making bread on it on many occasions.  It may not be a fancy table...  But it holds so many memories.  And that, I think, is awesome.  (But I do love my memories...) 

I will confess, though...  There is one area I'm not so fond of this table:  it's a behemoth.  So when we move from here...  We'll need some man-power for this baby!  Because I don't think I want to help lift it next time ;).  (Sturdy, we'll call it sturdy :).)  But even so...  I'm grateful for this table -- and I'm glad we have it in our family to pass it down in the years ahead.  And to have it carry new memories we will make with it... 

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: