Saturday, July 12, 2014

Road Signs

...I think road signs are among those items you only realize how grateful you are for them... when there aren't any.

So...

This afternoon, I rode with one of the other Young Women leaders up a mountain.  The Young Women (and some other leaders) were coming down from there 3-day camp, and we were meeting them at the trail head with cold watermelon, frozen popsicles, cold Powerade, and cold water.  We figured they'd be happy to meet us. 

I was navigating.  With a map that was -- according to both the man who explained our route to me and my husband -- easy to use and plenty accurate and able to get us to where we needed to be.

...As long as you know how to read hair-pin turns and ess curves as indicators...

Because, guess what?  There were no road signs.  Or, I guess I should say, there were no road signs down the wrong road we took first...  For about 20 minutes.  Until I finally saw a road sign.  And five minutes later was finally able to find it on the map. 

Let's just say we were a little off course.  Because, let's just say we took the wrong tine of the fork -- at our very first fork.

Anyway, thankfully we found our mistake, made our way back, and were only about 20 minutes late to meet up with the girls.  And, thankfully, even though we were lost for a time, I eventually figured out how to read that stinkin' map.  Including the hair-pin turns and ess curves.

But I'd still have preferred more road signs.  They are good stuff :).

P.S....  Never send your kids into the wilderness with me... ;).

What are you grateful for today?

No comments: