Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Watermelon


It's true, I may not look forward to summer for many reasons.  But there is one thing I do look forward to about summer...  all. year. long.

Watermelon.  Ripe, red, juicy, sweet watermelon.


I actually spend a lot of the rest of the year craving it.  Being that we live in the times we do, I'm pretty sure I could manage to get a watermelon most of the year.  But somehow, the knowledge that they aren't "in season" ruins it for me.  And I pretty much assume they wouldn't be delicious enough to justify the cost.

So I wait.  For summer.  And then I buy watermelon.  A lot.  Because it's just so darn good.

You can ask my munchkin.  She pretty much devours an entire quarter of a slice (bigger than that pictured) all by herself.  And then she smiles with a red, sticky face.  And it's pretty much the greatest.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I just found a recipe for watermelon sorbet. It might be a good way to save watermelon for winter. :)