Monday, July 14, 2014

Surprise Mail -- With Surprises Inside!


Today, after we finished tending the garden and returned home, I checked the mail.  I had jokingly told my husband I was going to check and see if we got any love notes.  And then told him I'm sure we hadn't.  He said, "Unless you mean bills."  Well, I wasn't expecting any of those either.  And, quite honestly, I wasn't expecting anything at all.

So what a surprise it was to find a piece of mail for me!  From my dear friend Donna.  It was a treat, and I was excited to get inside and open the card and see what she had to say.

And then I was surprised again!  Inside, she had taped two little tags -- for adding to my quilts!  How cute is that?!?  So, as I put the binding on, I just sew those in as I do the label, and my quilt has a little tag with more love on it :).  I am beyond excited to use them!

And, honestly, I'm touched that Donna thinks of me across the miles.  That she still is my quilting mentor and friend.  And I'm grateful that these quilts will have another little piece of her in them...  Because I'll see that tag and remember how good she has always been to me -- and how blessed I am to know her and call her my friend.

Yep, this surprise mail -- with these surprise little taggies -- just totally made my day and made me smile :).  (And it was a pretty awesome day all the way around, too :)).


No comments: